Friday, February 12, 2010

Knitting Olympics!

Dear Jenn,

Is it silly that I look forward to this? I mean, what's keeping me from doing this kind of thing any time? I could always just give myself 17 days to do a big thing or learn a new skill. Maybe it's just because I know there are other people out there doing it. It makes the knitting a less solitary thing. A lot like going to knit night.
I did make it out this week. I even ordered hot chocolate, but didn't get to drink it because I forgot that places make it with real milk and stuff, and I haven't had real milk to drink in over a year.
But anyway... The olympics! They start tonight. I did my swatching today.

It's 11sts to the inch instead of the 9 the pattern wants. But the pattern is written for medium sized hands. My hands are small sized hands and mittens are generally too big for me. And this is just stripes when only the palm part is striped, so that means that they should be just a tad bit bigger, right? At this gauge the hand part would be 6.5 inches, and my hand at its widest is 7 inches. Are mittens like hats? Do we want a little negative ease? Tell me that we do, and then I won't have to get properly dressed so I can go to the store...

No comments: