Monday, April 28, 2008

I'm Here, Really I Am

Dear Milli,

I'm here, really. It's been a long month. My mom was here visiting for most of it. She just left yesterday. I miss her already! We had two birthdays and three birthday parties. The kids are each one year older (and I swear I've aged at least two more years myself.) Did some knitting, but nothing much really to write about. Learned a new washrag pattern. It's pretty simple and looks nice. Knits up really fast. I'll blog about it later. Mom and I did some sewing while she was here. Well, mostly Mom did the sewing. I cut out the fabric. (My Mom is lefthanded and I'm not - I don't have lefthanded scissors.) She made some cute things for Lilli and I am inspired to make Lilli a few more little tank-style A-line dresses (so simple, so cute!) Mom also did lots of cooking while she was here, so I've got lots of tastey recipes to share. I'll blog about those (or maybe just email them to you) later. And I'll post pictures later, too. So much to do - later! Today has been mostly about 'getting back to square One" as my MIL likes to say.

It's a beautiful day here - lots of sunshine, warm temps (55 - a veritable heatwave!) and breezy. I could do with a little less breezy, but it's still really nice. I've got all the doors and windows opened in an attempt to blow away all the germs that have been plaguing us all winter. I even rode my bike to pick Lilli up from school this afternoon. Spring is finally here!

Hope spring is there, too!

Jenn

No comments: