Thursday, October 2, 2008

A Long Time Coming...


A long, long time ago I knit my first sweater. I started and finished it within a couple of weeks. Sometime last year. It was a realatively easy knit, and I was really happy with the results - until I had Lilli try it on. It wouldn't go over her head, the neck was too small (and not at all stretchy) and my kids have little heads. I thought about picking out the neck and trying a more stretchy bind off, but was just so disgusted with the idea that I wadded the sweater into a ball and threw it to the bottom of Lilli's closet. Where it sat for about a year.


Then yesterday Lilli decided that she wanted to wear the sweater. I have grown a lot as a knitter in the past year. I have learned about many new techniques. Like steeks. Sooooo, I sewed a big "V" in the front of the sweater, coming down from the neck. And then I cut it. It was very liberating!
So instead of a roll-neck sweater it's more of a shallow 'V' neck sweater.
And the best part - it now goes over Lilli's head, and it still fits!

No comments: