Thursday, March 20, 2008

Sländan

In February, on one of the few days that nobody was sick, I went to Lund with some friends. Lilli went with us. We went to Sländan, a yarn shop on the main shopping street. It is a good thing that store is in Lund and not Malmö...


Now for the details...



Enough soft pink Merino to make Lilli a sweater (plus an extra skein, just in case.)


Enough soft charcoal merino to make Tipton a sweater (plus an extra skein, just in case.)


Some yummy silk, because it was on sale. (I think Lilli was influencing my color choice.) I have no idea what I'm going to make with this. I just like to hold it in my lap.


Some red and black cotton, for a special project for You-Know-Who. (I've finished my part of the project and hope to get it in the mail soon.)


This stuff is supper soft and fluffy. I've already made a white peep (bunny) out of the white stuff. I'm gonna make one out of the pink, too.


I bought this yarn as a birthday present for a wonderful friend of mine. I turned the labels upside down because I was planning to post the pictures before she got the yarn. (That didnt' happen.) I remember that it was a wool/soybean blend, but I don't remember the percentages.



And if you spend enough money, and you've got a little girl with you who is destined to become a knitter, you get a free gift. I was standing outside the store waiting for my friends to make their purchases and the owner ran out of the store and handed this to Lilli:



Her very own spool knitter!

No comments: