Thursday, March 6, 2008

At last! I have sewn up the baby kimono sweater for my friend's baby.





I sure hope it still fits... I have been putting off and putting off finishing up the sweater. Really, all that I needed to do was sew up the sides and sew on the ribbon ties. But I just haven't wanted to do it. It's not something I can do while the kids are awake (and around.) And it required more concentration than I was willing to give during my tv-viewing/knitting hours (after the kids go to bed.) So I had been "saving" the finishing for our next knitting group. And not only did I get the sweater finished up, but I also added a little ribbon embellishment to the bootees.





And one of my friends said "Oh, wouldn't it be cute if you had a matching hat to send, too!" And I thought "Yeah, that would be great!" And so it began... I had just enough yarn left for a baby hat. But which pattern? My friend mentioned a baby hat she'd seen that had a little knot on the top, and a ribbon was tied around the knot. I wanted that. I wanted to knit a cute little hat like that. But again - what pattern? I flipped through a few books and was getting ready to search a little online, when I saw that YOU, my dear Milli, YOU were online! So I asked you - do you have a simple baby hat pattern? And you did! You suggested a simple baby rolled-brim hat. And it worked perfectly! Came out exactly as I was hoping it would (and really, how often does THAT happen when I make a hat??) At the top I decreased down to three stitches, then went down a needle size and knit an i-cord that was almost the lenght of my hand. I tied it in a knot at the base of the i-cord, then tied a little pink ribbon between the knot and the top of the hat. It looks so cute! (If I do say so myself.)





And it just makes the little ensemble.