Thursday, February 28, 2008

Works In Progress

The last post was about Finished Objects. This post is about objects that I hope to have finished soon. We'll start with the oldest, and most time critical (and of course the one I keep neglecting.)


A friend of mine recently had a baby girl. I decided to knit her a baby kimono sweater, using the pattern out of Mason Dixon Knitting. It's a great pattern, this is my third baby kimono sweater. (Actually, the entire book is wonderful - I want to make everything in it and can't wait for their second book to be released!) I finished knitting the sweater, but needed to get ribbon for the ties, so I didn't sew up the sides. Instead, I cast on some matching bootees. Then sewed up the bootees. And last week I finally got some yarn for the ties, but still haven't sewed up the sides of the sweater. If I wait too much longer it's not going to fit the baby, so I guess I'd better get crackin'... Here's how it looks as of now.




And just what am I working on when I'm not sewing up the sweater? A scarf, of course! I have no idea who I'm knitting it for, but I've been wanting to knit it for a while now. I've had two balls of this yarn in my stash and have been waiting for just the right pattern. And the other day when I was poking around in Ravelry I found it! The Drop Stitch Scarf! It is perfect. I love the pattern, it shows off the yarn beautifully. Only, it takes more than just two little balls of yarn. So of course I had to buy more. But I couldn't remember the color that I already had. So I decided to buy colors that I thought were pretty, even though they aren't the same. We'll see how it turns out. Here's what I've got so far and the remaining balls of yarn.

No comments: