Saturday, February 16, 2008

Dishrags - A Still Life


This month my house has been filled with germs. Germs that prevent me from knitting on the cute baby sweater and baby bootees that need to be knitted. But being housebound and sick and watching an endless stream of childrens videos - I needed some knitting. Some mindless knitting. So I knit dishrags.


First I knit a simple moss stitch dishrag in the denim ombre colorway. Then I knit a ball band dishrag with denim ombre and cream. Then I knit another ball band dishrag in cream and denim ombre. And finally I made up my own pattern - cream knit in moss stitch with two bands of denim ombre knit in seed stitch. And then I ran out of denim ombre. Still have lots of cream, though (it was a jumbo sized ball.)
Hopefully we have come to the end of the germ pool. Honestly, there's really not much left that we haven't already had this month. But I've got lots more dishrag cotton, just in case.

1 comment:

Milli said...

You and me both babe.
Feb has been icky.