Monday, February 4, 2008

Tipton's New Hat

Tipton has been wearing a hat that I did not knit. A hat that was bought in a store. I just have never found the right hat pattern for him. Until you posted the pictures of the hats that you made for Rowan and John. What a great hat pattern!

Of course, I didn't follow the pattern, not for the 'embellishments.' I don't know how to crochet, so for the edging I used an attatched i-cord. And instead of a pompom on the top, I attached three braids. Oh yeah, and I added a stripe to the body of the hat. And I used a thick "Winter Cotton" instead of wool.

When I make it again (and I will - Lilli wants one now) I will probably go down a needle size and knit with 9s instead of 10s (guage-schmage.) And I will add the stripe sooner. And not make the hat so "tall/long."

But overall I am very happy with the end results. And Tipton LOVES it - and really, what more can a mom/knitter ask than for my son/the recipient to be thrilled with what I have made for him.

No comments: