Monday, February 11, 2008

UFO (Unintentionably Felted Object)

The good news is - I have felted my first knitted object!

The bad news is - I did not mean to felt anything.

The kids winter suits were caked with mud, so I washed them. Lilli's pink hat somehow managed to get into the washer, too. Along with one tiny little lego. The lego made it all the way to the filter, which caused the washer to quit working - it would not drain the water out of the drum. Now, I have a front loading washing machine. I could see that it was half filled with really, really dirty water. I also saw that Lilli's pink baby alpaca hat was floating in all that dirty water. After I drained the water and removed the lego I was able to open the door and rescue the little pink hat. Little now being the key word.

The good news is - the hat was too big for Lilli's head before (I know how shocked and surprised you are to hear that.)

The bad news is - now the hat is just a little too small. It fits, circumference-wise. But it is just a little shorter than it should be.

Still, she wears it and loves it.

1 comment:

Milli said...

Get a bottle of cheap conditioner and dump it in a sink full of water and soak the hat. You might be able to stretch it out tall enough that way.