Thursday, March 27, 2008

Lina's Scarf and the Kitty Hat

My friend, Lina, was my first friend over here in Sweden. And she told me about Anita's - a nice yarn shop downtown. So for International Women's Day (which was March 6th or 7th, I think) I gave her a scarf. Now, I've had the yarn for this scarf for a while now. I saw it and thought "That would make a really cool scarf for Lina!" And I had been holding onto it, just waiting for the perfect scarf pattern to show it off. And then I came across the Easy Drop Stitch Scarf pattern while playing around on Ravelry. It was perfect! The scarf actually went much quicker than I had anticipated, and it really does show off the yarn beautifully. And Lina loves it.



I would just like to state that I have now knit a hat that actually FIT in one try. No second attempts were necessary. There wasn't a first "oh, this will be Lilli's" hat, nor was there a first "I wonder what will happen if I felt this" hat. No, there was just one hat that fits perfectly!


The pattern is Kitty Hat. The pattern was very easy and it went together much quicker than I thought it would. As soon as I'd finished this hat Lilli ran up, grabbed it and yelled "Mine!" and ran off with it. So I think I'm going to have to make her one. Only I'm sure hers will be in pink. Unfortunately, I don't have a good picture to show off the pom poms at the bottom of the i-cords. I wasn't sure if I would like the pom poms, but they are kind of fun.


I wore this hat out yesterday when I was walking around downtown (it was snowing!) And I kept getting these weird looks from everyone. It finally ocurred to me that maybe it was the bright pink kitty ears that was drawing everyone's attention. Whatever - I love the hat. It's fun, warm and it FITS!

1 comment:

Elvira said...

Sweeet hat! Does this come in adult sizes?