Sunday, January 6, 2008

Foiled Again!

Dear Milli,

I stopped by the yarn shop that I thought I'd gotten my mitten yarn from today. They did not have it! D'oh! What have I done to anger the knitting gods? Why do they not want me to knit a PAIR of mittens? Am I doomed to always knit mateless mittens?

Tomorrow I will check a few other local yarn shops. If I strike out there I guess I'll just HAVE to go to the really cool yarn shop in Lund...

Since I couldn't continue working on my second mitten tonight, I cast on a new project. I have started the Luxe Neck Warmer from the Knit 2 Together book by Tracy Ullman and Mel Clark. I'm not sure if I'm using the right yarn - but when has that ever stopped me? And just to live even further out on the edge, I didn't knit a guage swatch. I have no idea what my guage is. This thing could be huge. Or tiny. Either way, it's fun to knit. If' it's too small, maybe Lilli will wear it (since she won't wear the new scarf she was so excited about me knitting for her.) Lilli has been all about turtle necks recently. And this would be like the turtle neck part of a turtle neck, if that makes any sense.

No pictures at the moment. Should be able to take some and get them posted tomorrow though - Lilli goes back to daycare and Tipton has a playdate! I think it will be the first time I've had time to myself in over two weeks!

No comments: