Friday, January 4, 2008

A year long knit along

Dear Jenn,

One of my friends on my soggy granola forum has proposed a year long knit-along. I thought I'd tell you about it in case you want to do some too. I thought it was a good idea to have a project a month, and try to use up some of the stash.

Jumbo January--anything in a bulky yarn
Felting February--anything you want as long as you felt it
Merino March--self explanatory, yes?
Amigurumi April--dive into the world of knitting and crocheting cute little animals
Me, me, me May--you have to make something for yourself!
Jumbuck June--a jumbuck is a sheep, hence something wool
July Journey--journey somewhere new--learn a new stitch, or a whole new technique--get outside your comfort zone and try something you've never done before
Alternative August--bamboo, corn, silk, soy--there's lots of new exciting fibers so give one a try
September Socks--socks, socks, socks
One and only October--make something from only one skein
Novelty November--try your hand at a toy--they're fun, they're weird, they might even be educational!
Dizzy December--round and round and round you go--has to be done in the round

This might prod me into actually finishing the cabled afghan for Mom. It's taking up way too much room in the basket.

No comments: