Thursday, January 3, 2008

Lilli's Frickin' Scarf

I finished the knitting it last night, but I just didn't have the heart to weave in the ends and add the fringe. So first thing this morning I sat down and "got 'er done." And here is Lilli, modelling her new scarf. I think it sets off her monkey jammies quite nicely.


And here it is artfully arranged on my kitchen floor. (I really need to devise a more sophisticated way of photographing my knitting.)


The stats: 50g Sirdar Snuggle Tiny Tots (acrylic/plyester blend) in the SH945 colorway, knit on size 4.5 (US7) needles. Following Crazy Aunt Purl's Magic Scarf pattern, modified slightly for a 2 1/2 year old's neck (cast on 16, squares are 4 stitches x 5 rows.)


Lilli is a very happy with her new scarf (which hopefully means she will actually WEAR it.) I was really excited about this scarf at first, but after the first day it lost it's appeal and just became something that I had to finish. I wanted to get it done as quickly as possible, so that I could move on to a really great, wonderful, fantastic project that I'd thought of. And of course, now that Lilli's scarf is finished, I cannot remember what it is that I wanted to make. I'm sure I'll remember as soon as I cast on something else...

1 comment: