Friday, January 4, 2008

the succubutt

Dear Jenn,

I don't really have much to say, but I wanted to put up a little something for you to read when you wake up in the morning. I'm sitting here working on Chelle's pants, and the jogless jog is working wonders. I'm not even minding the travelling color change as much as I thought I might. It's magic.

I am being anal enough to slightly change my short rows so as to keep the integrity of the stripe pattern. Because if there are 4 rows of pink, there has to be 4 rows of orange. And they can't happen where you would have to pick up the other loop to hide the jog if you're purling back. Sometimes anal complicates things, but it makes for a nice knit.

So anyway, I lost my crochet hook in the couch. You know my couch and how it eats things. I found various things in there... the iPod cord, a computer mouse, one of those blue plastic needles, chapstick, a measuring tape. My couch is a hungry hungry beast. If you hear from John and he can't find me, tell him to check under the cushions.

I promise to come back in the morning with some sort of picture for you. It won't happen tonight, because I'll put this computer aside to knit, and then John will seize his opportunity for world of warcraft, and that will be the end of that.

---Just heard from the bathroom: "Stop saying things about butts and poo poo." Yes....

No comments: