Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Two of A Kind (If Not Exactly A Matching Pair)

At long last - pictures of the mittens!



Just to recap... I have knit this mitten pattern several times. And have yet to knit two mittens that were actually the same size and that actually fit. This time I think I've gotten the size right. I made notes on the pattern, and I was actually able to produce a second mitten of exact size!



Unfortunately, I ran out of yarn about 1/3 of the way into the second mitten. The lovely Anita from Anita's Garn & Broderi ordered some more for me, but it was not of the same dye lot. I did not let that stop me. So although the mittens are the same size, they are not exactly identical. But hey - they fit! And they are very warm.


I wear them all the time. They seem to be holding up pretty well.

2 comments:

Milli said...

Love them! I wouldn't even notice the difference in dye lot.

Grumpy said...

They're beautiful, this is one of those times when you can get away with different dye lots. You can't tell! :)